How do I enter my time as a Unclassified Nonexempt employee?
Unclassified Nonexempt employees enter additional hours worked over their appointment percentage or FTE (i.e., hours over 40 in a week for a 1.0 (full time) FTE employee, hours over 20 in a week for .5 FTE employee) and exception time (i.e. vacation, sick) if the time off request process was not used.
- Access your timesheet by clicking on My Timesheet on the Employee Dashboard:
- Select the day you need to enter time for. The Pay Code field will be highlighted:
- Select the Pay Code from the drop down list:
- Enter the elapsed time (e.g., 8, 1.5) in the Hours column:
Note: for Additional Hours Worked, only enter hours worked in addition to your regular hours for the week. EmpCenter assumes your work hours for the week based on your FTE. For a full-time, 1.0 FTE, EmpCenter assumes 40 hours; for a half time, 0.50 FTE EmpCenter assumes 20 hours. You will only enter additional hours worked if you work more than your FTE hours.
- Click Save at the top of the timesheet to save your changes:
Note: the pay codes available to you depend on your policy profile. See Pay Codes for more information.
You’ll receive confirmation that your changes have been saved:
If you try to navigate away from the timesheet before saving any changes, you’ll receive a warning:
If you work over 40 hours in the week and would like to convert the additional hours to Comp Time instead of Overtime, see the Overtime Comp Requested FAQ.