How do I assign employees permanent or temporary schedule templates?
EmpCenter has a rudimentary scheduling component that allows for assigning a limited number of schedule templates to employees. The functionality may not meet all of your scheduling needs and only affects Classified employees’ timesheets and hours.
Schedules are not required for any employee, however, supervisors can assign schedules on a permanent or temporary basis. Permanent schedule templates are typically used to adjust the automatic meal for Classified Salaried Non-exempt and Classified Hourly employees. Temporary schedules can be used to change meals or set hours for an employee or group of employees for a pay period or portion of a pay period.
An EmpCenter administrator creates schedule templates that are available to all supervisors. There are a limited number of schedule templates available. You can assign the schedule templates permanently or temporarily to your employees.
Assign Schedule Templates – Permanent Changes
Note: the process for assigning schedule cycles, assigning a temporary schedule, or changing an assigned schedule template is the same as the steps outlined below.
- Select Assign Schedules on the Dashboard under Schedules to access the templates:
- Select Assign Schedule Templates under Permanent Changes on the Schedule Maintenance window:
Choose an Action Options:
Permanent Changes - the employee will remain on the schedule until you change it.
- Assign Schedule Cycles: allows you to assign a permanent schedule cycle (i.e., week 1 employee works M-F 8am-5pm, week 2 employee works Tu-Sa 10am-7pm, week 3 cycles back to week 1 schedule) to an employee or group of employees.
-Assign Schedule Templates: allows you to assign a permanent schedule template to an employee or group of employees.
Temporary Changes - the schedule is only in affect for the current (or selected) pay period.
-Assign Schedule Templates: allows you to assign a schedule template to an employee or group of employees for the current pay period – or a later pay period selected.
- Select the assignment to view your employees – you will see your name and any supervisors that have delegated their employees to you:
- To assign a schedule template to one employee, check the Manager Override box to activate their row:
- Click in the Schedule Template field to see the available schedules. Select the template you would like to assign to the employee from the drop down:
- Enter the date you would like the employee to start working the assigned schedule. The effective date must be within the Valid Date Range to the right:
- Save your changes:
- The employee is now assigned the schedule as of the effective date selected:
The employee list and available effective dates will default to the current open pay period. If you need to change the date, check the box under Employees Active On and select the date from the calendar:
Note: if an employee has a schedule template already assigned, the Manager Override box will be checked and the schedule listed in the Schedule Template field.
To assign a schedule template to several employees, check the box to the left of their name (for all employees check the box at the top to the right of Name) and the Manager Override box on the Mass Edit line. You will need to complete the remaining steps on the Mass Edit line:
Reminder: while you can assign any schedule template to any employee, the schedule function only affects Classified employees’ timesheets and hours.
Note: if assigning a schedule cycle, you will also have to select the cycle start schedule (i.e., start with the 2nd week of the schedule):
Reminder: if you want the employee to start working the assigned schedule for a future date not in the effective date range, you must change the date as shown in step 3.
If you are using the Mass Edit feature, be sure to first check Apply to all checked rows before saving: