How do I edit employee time?
You can view and edit your employees’ timesheets at any point in the pay period.
To access employee timesheets, select Edit Employee Time from the Supervisor Dashboard:
Manager Time Entry Overview
On the Manager Time Entry page you can view all of your employees’ timesheets plus any employees that have been delegated to you.
- Work Period: the pay period for the timesheet you are currently viewing. You can navigate to past or future timesheets – up to one year from the current date – using the arrows or the calendar icon.
- Minimize the left column by clicking on the double arrows.
- Assignment Options:
- Prev: when viewing an employee’s timesheet use this button to move to the timesheet for the previous employee in the list.
- Next: when viewing an employee’s timesheet use this button to move to the timesheet for the next employee in the list.
- Find: search for an employee within any of the assignments listed by name, id, or supervisor id.
- Sort: sort the list of employees by last name, first name, or employee id.
- Assignment Group: you must select an assignment group to view the employees within that assignment.
- Click on an employee's name to view their current period timesheet. The employee you are viewing will be highlighted in the assignment group list.
- Employee’s Timesheet: the header on the timesheet includes the employee id, name, job title, timsheet org, and policy profile.
Changing Work Period
When you first access the Manager Time Entry screen, the date will default to the current day.
When you select an employee’s timesheet to view, the date will default to the current open timesheet. You can change the pay period using the arrows or the calendar icon:
Note: the Default Period button will open the current pay period; Today will open the pay period that includes the current date.
You can search for an employee within all assignments listed using the Find button under Assignments
You can search by last name, first name, employee id, or supervisor id. You can also use the asterisk (*) as a wildcard in any of the fields:
You can sort the list of employees by Last Name, First Name, or Employee ID. Select the option from the Sort drop down menu:
Supervisors have access to make changes on their employees’ timesheets.
Please note EmpCenter will track all changes made on the timesheet, including the id of the person making the change. In addition, EmpCenter will send an email notification to the employee and supervisor (even if the change is made by the supervisor) when a change is made and an exception will display on the timesheet.
- Select the assignment group you would like to review:
- Select the employee from the list to view their timesheet:
- Make any changes necessary to the timesheet – the function is the same as time entry using the Enter My Hours process (see the appropriate employee user guide for more details):
- Save your changes:
- You’ll receive confirmation that the data was saved and you’ll see the informational exception that someone other than the employee saved the timesheet:
You’ll receive a warning if you try to navigate away from the page before saving your changes: