How do I enter my time as a Classified Salaried Exempt employee?
Essential Employees - Record Essential Time for Campus Closures
Reminder: if you are an essential classified employee and required to work on campus/other closed facilities during the closure, enter Essential Time in addition to your worked hours. See the Essential Time FAQ for more details.
See the OSU Alerts page for more information about the closure.
See the announcement for more information about recording hours for all other employees.
Classified Salaried Exempt employees are expected to enter elapsed worked hours (e.g. 8, 9.5) on the timesheet and use the time off request process for pre-approved leave.
The time entry process can also be used for recording of select differentials or time off that was not pre-planned, such as an illness.
- Access your timesheet by clickin on My Timesheet on the Employee Dashboard:
- Select the day you need to enter time for. The Pay Code field will be highlighted:
- Select the Pay Code from the drop down list:
- Enter the elapsed time (i.e., 8, 1.5) in the Hours column:
- Click Save at the top of the timesheet to save your changes:
Note: the pay codes available to you depend on your policy profile. See Pay Codes for more information.
You’ll receive confirmation that your changes have been saved:
If you try to navigate away from the timesheet before saving any changes, you’ll receive a warning: