How do I enter my time as a Classified Salaried Non-exempt employee?
Classified Salaried Non-exempt employees are expected to clock in and out for the work day using the WebClock and use the time off request process for pre-approved leave.
The time entry process is used for times when clocking is unavailable, to record select differentials, or to record time off that was not pre-planned.
- Access your timesheet by clicking on Enter My Hours on the Employee Dashboard:
- Select the day you need to enter time for. The Pay Code field will be highlighted:
- Select the Pay Code from the drop down list:
- Enter the time in the Hours column:
For elapsed time pay codes, enter the number of hours:
For pay codes that require in and out times, enter the start time on the first row and the end time on the second row:
Note: work in/out entered on the timesheet always requires comments.
Time entry notes:
- Each row entry is called a time slice.
- For in and out times, you do not need to enter 8:00 am or 5:00 pm; you can enter 8 for the start time and 5p – or 17 if you prefer military time – for the end time. EmpCenter assumes the am for any number between 1-11 and 24, and the pm for any number between 12-23.
- If the out time is past midnight, add a + sign before entering the time.
- Click Save at the top of the timesheet to save your changes:
Note: the pay codes available to you depend on your policy profile. See Pay Codes for more information.
You’ll receive confirmation that your changes have been saved:
If you try to navigate away from the timesheet before saving any changes, you’ll receive a warning: