How do I enter my time if I'm called in while on-call?
If you are called in while on-call how you report your hours depends on how long you work.
If you work 2 or less hours, complete the following steps:
1. On your timesheet, select Call Back Pay from the pay code drop down:
2. Enter 2 in the hours field:
Note: only 2 hours can be entered in the hours field for call back pay.
3. Adjust the on-call hours to account for the 2 hours of call back pay and save your changes:
Call back pay is considered penalty pay and is paid at time and a half no matter how many hours the employee worked for the week so it is not counted toward total hours for the week and cannot be converted to comp time.
If you work more than 2 hours, complete the following steps:
1. On your timesheet, select Call Back Pay from the pay code drop down and enter 2 hours in the hours field:
2. Add a row then select Work In/Out from the pay code drop down:
3. Enter the additional time worked over the 2 hours already entered as Call Back Pay (i.e., called in and worked from 6pm-10pm - 4 hours total - enter 2 of those hours on the Work In/Out row):
Note: you must enter comments when using the work in out pay code.
4. Adjust the on-call time to account for the hours worked (in this example, 4 hours worked) and save your changes: