How do I delegate my employees to another supervisor?
New Required Online Training for All Faculty and Staff
If you will be out of the office for a period of time, EmpCenter allows you to delegate your supervisor responsibilities to another employee assigned to the supervisor role. The supervisor delegated to will be able to approve timesheets, time off requests, assign schedules, and edit employee time for your employees. They will also receive all notifications from EmpCenter about your employees. You will also still be able to do all of these tasks for your employees and still receive any email notifications from EmpCenter.
To add or revoke a delegation, select Manage Delegations from the Supervisor Dashboard:
- From the Delegate page, select Delegate Authority:
- Click search on the Enter Search Criteria window:
- On the Choose Delegate Options window, select the assignment group you are delegating:
- Enter the effective start and end date and select whether you want to allow re-delegation then click Next:
- Enter search criteria to find the supervisor you would like to delegate to – you can use the asterisk (*) as a wildcard:
- Select the supervisor from the list and click Select:
- You’ll receive confirmation that the delegation was successful, click continue to return to the Delegation page:
Note: you do not need to enter anything in the group description field; you will see your “group” as well as any supervisors that have delegate their employees to you if they allow re-delegation.
- The Effective Date (A) is the day the supervisor you delegate to will begin seeing your employees.
- The End Effective Date (B) is the last day the supervisor you delegate to will see your employees.
Note: the effective date will default to the current date and the end effective date will default to one week from the current date. You can choose any future dates for the delegation.
- Allow Re-delegation (C): if you want to allow the delegated supervisor to re-delegate your employees to another supervisor, check this box.
Note: you will still have access to your employees during the dates you delegate.
Note: User ID is the supervisor’s 9 digit employee id and you can only delegate to another employee that is currently a supervisor.