How do I request Oregon Sick Leave using the time off request in EmpCenter?
EmpCenter allows time off requests to be made up to 365 days from the current date. The system will show your balance as of the current date, but you are responsible for ensuring you still have the time available when the leave occurs.
When a time off request is approved, EmpCenter will add the leave to your timesheet for the dates requested.
- Select My Time Off under Schedules on the Employee Dashboard:
- On the My Time Off screen, select Create New Request:
- Select Continue under Absences for Vacation, Sick, and Other:
- If you have more than one assignment, or job, you will first need to select the assignment you are requesting time off for. The time off request will be sent to the supervisor for that assignment:
- Select Oregon Sick Leave from the Pay Code drop down list:
- Select the date(s) for the request and enter comments:
- Select the start and end dates for your leave request – either type in the dates or use the calendar icon; if you are only taking a partial day, you can change the number of hours in the next step:
- Add comments, if needed, then click Next:
Note: if taking a partial day, be sure to include the time in the comments (e.g. “Doctor appointment, will be out 1pm-2pm.”) – you will still need to change the hours in the next step.
- On the Request Details page, make any changes to the hours listed; you can also add comments on this page if needed.
- Once you have made all necessary changes, click Submit to send the request to your supervisor for review:
- Click OK to return to the Request List page:
- On the Request list page, you’ll see confirmation that the request was submitted. The request will be listed with a Status of Pending until your supervisor approves or rejects the request:
Note: any upcoming time off request will be listed on the Current tab; past requests can be viewed on the Past tab.
Note: if you only have one assignment, you will be immediately directed to the time off request page (step 5).
Hours will default in as a full day (8 hours). To adjust the hours click in the Hours column, enter the correct number of hours:
After changing the hours, click Update to update the request:
Note: you will receive an email from EmpCenter once your supervisor reviews the request.