What are some general timesheet rules?
General Timesheet rules:
- The work week is Sunday through Saturday.
- The work day is midnight to midnight.
- For shifts that cross over midnight, the time will be recorded on the day the shift started. You will see a + sign next to the time on the timesheet to indicate the shift started on the previous day.
- Overtime is earned once you have worked over 40 hours in a week; you can choose to convert overtime to comp time (additional time off).
- Salaried employees’ timesheets run from the first of the month through the end of the month; hourly employees’ timesheets run from the 16th of the month to the 15th of the next month.
- All employees are paid on the last day of the month.